Matar Victor

Out stories and battle reports

Matar Victor

Postby Cor'vyn Blackfeather » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Herein lies a highly fictionalized version of an I-Hub bash. Enjoy.

“Gate is clear. Warp to zero and hold.”

“Belay. Jump on contact. Farside is clear. Repeat farside is clear.”

“Copy. Jump. Jump. Jump. All ships, jump on contact.”

The ragged fleet of Minmatar ships spun and pointed their noses at the next stargate. The tiny Rifter class frigate dwarfed by even the cruisers slides between the rest of the fleet as the pilot aligns to the gate. Space warps as his ship folds into its warp bubble. Ten seconds later, the ship snaps to a halt and slips into a position behind the stargate. The pilot watches the rest of the fleet drift into the gate’s field and get slingshot to the next solar system. Finally the Rifter pilot bursts his thrusters and follows through on to the next system. As the ship slows to a stop and reintergrates into real space, the whole fleet stands ready for the next move.

“Fleet, prepare for gang warp. Burn to optimal and jam the I-Hub.”

Space warps again as the whole fleet rotates to a dead zone in the system and jumps. The fleet slows to a stop fifteen kilometers from a command station at the heart of the war torn system. The electronic warfare boats begin pulsing target jammers and aligning painters on the station as the rest of the fleet kicks on their afterburners and micro warp drives to speed down to the enemy base. The Rifter flips his targeting computer on and locks up the base.

“Fleet, weapons free. Fire at will and call out cycles.”

The Rifter slides left and right dodging the incoming missiles and staying out of the lines of the fire of the larger ships.

“FC, Warrior Blackfeather. Weapons free. Cycle in... Five minutes. Guns, guns, guns.”

The three 200 millimeter autocannons on the Rifter light up along with the missile launcher on board. The pilot cuts his afterburner and begins an orbit at one kilometer from the base. The idle radio chatter of the siege group is cut with calls of “Cycling.” as the various ships reload the magazines in their guns. An hour passes before the radio breaks again.

“Fleet. Prepare for boarding procedure. Cease fire and launch boarding shuttles.”

Space grows quiet as the firing stops and shuttles of marines board the base and secure it.

“FC, boarding party. I-Hub secured. Matar Victor.”
Director of Operations: Mid-Atlantic US, TauRadio Independent Broadcasting
Scientia est potentia. Potentia est corruptio. Scientia est corruptio.
Cor'vyn Blackfeather
Kisasa

Re: Matar Victor

Postby Padaxes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Excellent, I was there man!
Padaxes
Ta'Mak

Postby Cor'vyn Blackfeather » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 pm

The last bit is VERY fictionalized, but makes more sense than, "LOL, killed the shields and armor. It's ours." Were you there for the Arnher bash about 5 hours ago? That's where most of this came from.
Director of Operations: Mid-Atlantic US, TauRadio Independent Broadcasting
Scientia est potentia. Potentia est corruptio. Scientia est corruptio.
Cor'vyn Blackfeather
Kisasa

Postby Padaxes » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah nothing wrong with that works well. I was there right at the start of the bash. See the Caracal kill , oh wait was that a different one ?
Padaxes
Ta'Mak

Return to Our Stories